5/31/2008

Buffalo to Colorado..

So, Buffalo rocks out eh? After a short jaunt from Toronto we landed in Buffalo for our early evening show in Lafayette square. The show was short but sweet and had us playing to thousands of new and existing fans. Sold a ton of CD's. Very cool. We even made it on to the evening news.

After our show we headed off to a very disappointing BBQ experience. Bland, bland, bland. I won't name the restaurant just in case they were having a bad night, but geez, isn't there a Dinosaur BBQ in Buffalo? I guess not.

Early next morning it was off to Colorado, and we got nailed with some really bad turbulence. I won't get into the details, but suffice it to say that my breakfast almost made a second appearance. Dodged that bullet. After a couple of delays we arrived at the Fox Theatre in Boulder, the legendary music club known throughout North America as one of the top music venues. Soundcheck was fast and I was able to grab some sushi with my pal and Jamcruise's own, Annabel Lukins before hitting the stage. The show was great and the Boulderians tore it up with us. I think we played "Ravine", "G-nome" and "VL Tone". The rest was all improv and Dan and Jamie put together some great progressions.

This morning we woke up to an amazing Colorado morning (or afternoon) and we headed for the mountains. An extremely scenic 50 minute drive lead us to probably one of the most beautiful and distinct concert venues that we have ever played. Set right in the Colorado Rockies is the Mishawaka Amphitheatre. The stage literally hangs over rushing rapids below with an unbelievable backdrop of rock laden mountainside. It's quite hard to describe, but I think it's the first time I've needed to use a microphone to communicate to my sound man because of the volume of the rapids themselves. I have a feeling that tonight will be great...

-Darren

2 comments:

kimmont said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimmont said...

Hey there,
My name is Kim and I'm a fan from Toronto. I was wondering when, or if, you will be hitting Canadian soil any time soon.

I'd love to see you guys and get some boogeying done!

word!